Satellite hot picks: week of July 2nd
Each week, Satellite Records download store will be presenting the most cutting edge EDM, so that Elektro readers can find out about the latest up and coming producers in Bass Music and EDM – Dubstep, Electrohouse, Moombahton, Progressive House and more! Satellite will provide quick write-ups of each track so you can find out more about the artists, labels and music trends. If you like the tracks you can pick them up using discount code ELEKTRO after you click buy and get 40% off . Be sure to follow Satellite on twitter and on Facebook for more recommendations throughout the week.
Click play on the player and listen to samples of all 10 tracks right here, click on the buy button to check the chart out on Satellite's site and explore the rest of each release (clicking buy does not automatically have you buy it or put it in your cart, it just links you to the chart).
1) Getter - Ill Shit (Liquid Stranger Remix) - Firepower Records: Hailing out of San Jose, Getter is a name to seriously watch. Only around a couple years, but already on some leading Dubstep/Bass labels, he's crushing it with this unique EP that sounds like heavy metal meets Dubstep. Rusko, Flux Pavilion, Datsik, Borgore, Inspector Dubplate, Funtcase, and Downlink are just a few or the producers that have been supporting Getter with his music. Well known bass producer, Arizona's Liquid Stranger gives this the remix treatement with a Midtempo mix (the new trend in bass music that's featured track tempos that are in the middle between ElectroHouse and Dubstep). This track will get the place jumping.
2) Infected Mushroom - Nation Of Wusses (Stereoheroes Remix) - Dim Mak Records: Stereoheroes do a killer ElectroHouse remix on Steve Aoki's acclaimed Dim Mak Records of leading long time EDM band Infected Mushroom. Hailing from France, Stereoheroes have produced more than 100 tracks and remixes. Their next new release will be coming soon on Dim Mak records.
3) Sawgood - Blow Your Speakers Up - Freakz Me Out Records: French bassmusic producer Sawgood first release was in March 2009. Only one month later his dirty sound destroyed the Kissy Sell Out Show on BBC Radio 1, and he's been featured on some of the leading bassmusic labels. Originally making his name in ElectroHouse, this Dubstep track just destroys it and is one of the best you'll hear. German label Freakz Me Out Records continues it's trend of finding top bassmusic talent for it's label. Check out the rest of this release for two tremendous Electro House tracks.
4) Mark North - Rave - Benka Records: Up and coming French Progressive house producer Mark North is a man to watch. He combines melodic elements with storming chords & bass to make for a unique sound. Benka records from Paris is an upstart label beginning to make a big splash in Progressive House scene.
5) Krysism & E-VO - What The Funk (The HiYahs Remix) - Bass Tongue Records: Dallas' Krysism & E-VO launched onto the bassmusic scene in 2012, with tracks on Smashed Beatz and Bass Tongue Records. Bass Tongue is also newly formed this year and definitely a label to watch. The Hi-Yahs, also from Dallas, weigh in with a banging Moombahton remix. Check out the whole release for Krysism & E-VO's excellent ElectroHouse original.
6) Lil Silva - Shutter - Night Slugs: 21-year-old Lil Silva is fast becoming one of the most talked about artists on the UK Bass scene. Not only does he possess the musical understanding to work with genres such as UK Funky/Garage and Grime but his ability also allows him to merge and blend other styles. This track defies categorization other than being pure bass music! Check out the rest of his EP for some dope Grime tracks (click buy anywhere on the chart to explore more).
7) Pyramid Juke - Maybe (AMPR & Rico Tubbs Remix) - BASSWIN: Pyramid Juke from Corvina, California are a US entry into the cutting edge Juke movement. Juke music is raw, massive sub bass, twisted samples chopped and twisted out of proportion with insane drum machine workouts. This remix from AMPR & Rico Tubbs, best known for the releases of "Gangsters" and "Hip Rave Anthem" on Cheap Thrills, falls into the Midtempo movement, appealing to both Dubstep & ElectroHouse heads. BASSWIN is one of the leading Juke labels out of the UK.
8 ) Crazy Daylight - Shake It Up - Simplify Recordings: Great example of some funky Glitch Hop here. Big bass, funky beats, and the flavors of electro, dubstep and hip hop combined. Launched in 2010, Crazy Daylight is well known for energetic live performances, retro synth chords and wowing crowds with his signature vocoder vocals that are all performed live on stage. The label Simplify Recordings is just killing it with almost weekly releases of Future Bass - Glitch Hop, Midtempo, Dubstep, DNB, Drumstep & Beyond!
9) Escadia - Silicon Monster - Elektrify Records: Bulgaria's Escadia has been releasing tracks since 2007 with a background since he was 6 in all styles of EDM and traditional music. This track is the cross-section of ElectroHouse and Progressive House, with deep bass and catchy chords. Elektrify Records is a burgeoning label based out of Cyprus.
10) Stafford Brothers - Remedy - Flamingo Recordings: DJs Funkerman and Fedde le Grand's label Flamingo have a huuuge Progressive House hit here, that featured incredible production, buildups and vocals that's at the top of it's genre. Originally from Australia, the Stafford Brothers have relocated to Los Angeles while their careers explode with residencies in Las Vegas and LA, and gigs around the world.
Written By: Scott Richmond